Individually Driven Grinding Heads
The LarsLap System
The patented LarsLap system includes a wide range of industrial valve grinding machines with individually driven grinding heads.
- By contrast, other valve grinding machines in the market tend to use either single grinding plates or friction driven grinding heads.
- A machine with a single grinding plate provides a simple setup, however this method frequently produces uneven results.
- Better results can be achieved with individual grinding heads arranged around a central driving head.
- However, most machines in the market use friction driven grinding heads, giving the operator no control over the individual grinding heads. The rotation may slow down or even stop altogether, potentially damaging the valve seat.
- Using individually driven grinding heads, the speed of individual discs can be controlled. Controlled grinding heads produce excellent results while minimising the risk of damage to the valve seat.
LarsLap technology – an outstanding result every time
There is a trade-off between high speed and high precision. Preferably, the operator wants both, as grinding discs rotating at high speed can produce a high quality result in a short space of time. However, high speed can also damage the surface rapidly, for instance if excessive force is applied or if the setup is disturbed by vibration.
The LarsLap system is based on a combination of high speed, light force and a controlled rate of abrasion.
The individually driven grinding heads of a LarsLap industrial valve grinder are arranged radially around a central driving head. The low speed of the driving head is converted into high speed with low torque on the grinding heads, preventing damage to the valve seat.
The correct force is provided by spring tension. Only light force is required – the abrasion rate is controlled by selecting the right abrasive discs. The movement of the individually controlled grinding heads produce a perfectly flat surface with a microscopic crosshatch pattern that prevents leakage from capillary action.
LarsLap industrial valve grinders are available in overlapping sizes from 10-1300 mm, combining versatility with ease of handling.
Easy setup with LarsLap clamping system
In the interest of productivity, clamping needs to be as easy as possible.
LarsLap uses a three point attachment that clamps the machine securely to the valve without risk of slipping.
As soon as the clamp is attached, the machine is ready for action. There is no need to adjust the angle, as the driving head is self adjusting and compensates for any difference in angle between the clamp and the valve seat. In fact, LarsLap’s clamping system can be used at any angle between 0 and 90 degrees.
The force should only be light and is provided by spring tension. The abrasive material, aided by the speed of the grinding heads, will be doing the work.
To view our innovative range of valve grinding machines, please click here.